Saturday 9 May 2015

First Summer dress of 2015 !

I am always intrigued how the same pattern or garment can look so different run up in different weight/style fabrics. Continuing on from my Bird Panel Dress ~ made using Lynn Mizono's pattern for Vogue 1410, (a little reminder below), I decided I would try it again in a lighter, Summer floral. 
The result is a lighter, floatier version that still holds the shape of the pattern, but in a more informal way, beckoning sunshine, ice cream and sandy toes.
And of course with each new attempt at the same pattern comes the opportunity to make a few more additions and touches of your own. My Summer version is a little shorter ~ I'm anticipating tanned legs at least some point over the Summer! and I have added a decorative stitch to the darts and folds on the front and back :


Last but not least, the seams of this dress have been given the full treatment of a shiny new Bernina overlocker (and its excitable owner).

In the interests of fairness (and sympathy), my next project is for the little lady with the 2 new pearly whites kept her awake. 

A sneak preview of work in progress :

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...